Our annual school photos of class groups and individual portrait photos were taken at Kororoit Creek Primary School by Arthur Reed Photos on Monday 27 and Tuesday 28 February, 2023.
Sibling photos were taken on Tuesday 4 April, 2023.
There is no need to return any forms or money to school.
Unique image codes were issued to all students on Wednesday 1 March, 2023. Families can register online to view images when they become available in the webshop.
Registration is simple, just follow the 3 simple steps on your child’s personalised flyer and remember to add the codes for all your children attending this school.
Even if you registered last year, it’s important that you do again this year using your child’s 2023 image code to link their images for the current year with your contact details.
When images are ready to view and in the webshop, all parents who have registered will be notified by SMS and email.
Once registered, please wait for notification that 2023 images are online to view before making your purchase.
Weekly Year Level Updates
In reading the students have continued learning about how to visualise a text by using the keywords being read to form an image in their mind.
During writing, the students have begun working on the writer’s workshop cycle. In the cycle, the students would form a seed and then use that seed to draft a writing piece. For their final step, they would create a published piece by transferring their draft over to a good copy.
The Preps have been learning about capacity and how different containers can hold different weights. The students tried filling up containers with water, sand and rice. They were able to explain and justify which container would hold more and less.
They have also been regularly counting numbers from 0 to 20 and then from 0 to 100. Some students have moved up in their counting goals and have had them updated in their homework books. A great way they enjoyed counting was by using the abacus and counting charts.
Unit of Inquiry
The students had a lucky visit from the firefighters. They were able to ask questions that support their understanding of why our communities need firefighters. They were able to view the fire truck and experience being a firefighter for the day.
Please bring along reading satchels and homework books on Monday. Students will receive new readers on Monday and homework will be given out on Tuesday. Remember to also bring your library bag every fortnight to your library day.
Show and Share
Students will begin having an opportunity to show and share either a special object/toy from home or even just a share time about an event that happened. Students will be noted down what day their show and share day is.
Student Teacher Parent Conference Booking
Bookings are open on Monday 5th June for parents to book a time. Please remember to book a day when your child is also able to come along as it is a student-teacher-parent conference.
No school on Friday 9th June – Teacher Professional Practice Day
No school on Monday 12th June – King’s Birthday
Dear parents and guardians,
We have had another lovely week in grade 1!
This week the grade 1 cohort participated in the Wellbeing Expo which saw students explore how they can look after different aspects of their wellbeing. Students inquired into different foods that make our body well, how we can solve conflicts that arise inside and outside of the classroom and how we can calm our minds when they feel cloudy. These experiences will inform students ‘choice wheel’ in the future weeks of our Unit of Inquiry.
In Numeracy, we have been lucky enough to have Pete Saunders a numeracy consultant working with the grade 1 students and teachers to explore mass. Students engaged in hefting different items and determining which is heavier and which is lighter as well as using balance scales to compare the mass of two objects.
In Reading, we have begun exploring inferring. We are using clues from the text and our prior knowledge to make an inference about how a character feels.
In Writing, we have begun exploring explanation texts and continuing our choice writing.
- Swimming continues next week. H14 and H15 have their lessons every Monday, while H10, H11, H12, H13 and H16 have their lessons every Tuesday. Please ensure students come to school wearing their swimsuits under their school uniform and all their belongings are clearly labelled.
- If your child is not swimming, we will need a note each time your child doesn’t swim or a medical certificate if they are not swimming all term.
- Friday, 9th June is a Professional Practice Day for the teachers at Kororoit Creek Primary School. Students will not be required to attend school that day.
- Monday the 12th of June is the King’s Birthday. Students do not attend.
In the Unit of Inquiry this week, students have continued to inquire into the science of light and sound and how it works. The students have engaged in various investigations where they need to make a hypothesis, use their senses to make observations and draw conclusions from their investigation. Some of these experiences have included making/ playing instruments or creating phone cups to explore how sound is made and using torches to investigate light.
In Reader’s Workshop this week, students have been looking at different ways we can respond to texts.
In Writer’s Workshop, students have been exposed to the different strategies we can use when we are spelling a word we are unfamiliar with. These could include segmenting the word, looking at word families (words with the same ending), using a high-frequency word list, using their personal dictionary and the school phoneme charts.
In Numeracy this week, the students have continued with additive strategies with a focus on using their problem-solving skills to solve worded or open-ended problems.
- Please ensure if your child is not swimming, they are coming to school with a note to explain why.
- The teachers will be having their Professional Practice Day on Friday 9th June.
- The Grade 2 students have an upcoming incursion on Thursday 15th June Dreamer in the Deep. Consent and permission are needed by Thursday 8th June.
- To support students in their independent inquiries, if you have any cardboard boxes or craft materials (such as buttons, clean lids, string paper cups, or bottles) lying around at home, we would love to have them! We cannot accept egg cartons or milk bottles due to student allergies.
- Please look out for any information from your child’s classroom teacher on upcoming whole-class AIA rewards.
Have a wonderful weekend!
The Grade 2 Team
The Grade Three students have been busy learners this week! In literacy, they have explored text to instruct in reading and writing focusing on precise verbs and building upon different sentence types.
In numeracy, grade three have been communicators by continuing to work on graphs and data where they have surveyed other classes and collected data sets about their use of digital technology to communicate, to create purposeful graphs. This knowledge has transferred into our new unit of inquiry of “How We Organise Ourselves” which explores the central idea of technology impacts connection and collaboration.
Friendly reminder of the upcoming dates to remember:
- 5th of June – Assembly: Prep-3 in Gym and Grade 4-6 in classrooms
- 9th June – Staff Professional Practice Day. Students do not attend school.
- 12th June – King’s Birthday Public Holiday. Students do not attend school.
This week we have explored maps of the world and of Australia, students are engaging in the geography of the world and finding out how the world is organised. In numeracy, we are unpacking what division is and the different ways that we can represent division problems.
In literacy, students are developing descriptive texts to send a message to their audience. Students are inferring the author’s intention from texts that are related to our unit of inquiry.
Upcoming events/dates to remember:
-Curriculum day is being held next Friday the 9th of June.
-King’s Birthday Public Holiday is on Monday the 12th of June.
-Camp: If your child is coming along, please complete the required forms as soon as possible so that we can use them in planning a fun and safe camp for all. Please use the following link https://forms.gle/imFwpHiFYVUAw5Ds9
Have an enjoyable weekend,
From the Grade Four Team,
Bryoni, Crystal, Clayton, Bernadette, Olivia, Vanessa, Deanna and Shana
Dear Grade 5 families,
Another successful week of learning in the grade 5 classrooms!
This week in numeracy the students have explored decimals. Students have learned about the importance of place value, how to represent decimals using visuals and number lines, as well as trialling a variety of strategies to add and subtract decimals.
Throughout the week, students were able to view their unit of inquiry through a literacy lens. In reading, we analysed advertisements to make inferences (make sure to view your child’s Seesaw for the week to see their fantastic work and celebrate the hard efforts they are putting into learning). In writing, students have investigated the use of figurative language used to persuade audiences in advertisements.
- Students will take part in the ASPIRE incursion during week 8. Please ensure payment and consent are provided before Wednesday 7th of June.
- The camp deposit has been posted on Compass.
- On Friday 9th June KCPS staff have their Professional Practice Day. Students do not attend school on this day.
- King’s Birthday Public Holiday on Monday 12th June.
We encourage parents available to attend the grade 5 camps to register their expression of interest using the following link.
More details will be provided after student numbers are finalised.
We hope you all have an enjoyable weekend.
Claire (H18), Hang (H19), Gabriel (H20), Molly (H21), Abbey (H30), Jamila (H31), Emily (H32), Agnes & Natalie (H33)
Good afternoon Parents and Guardians,
What a busy week for our Year 6 Students.
We have begun our new numeracy unit on fractions. Understanding that fractions are equal parts of a whole and the size of the fraction changes depending on the size of the whole.
We have had our first parliament incursion where we learnt about the 3 levels of government, preferential voting and what it is like to get a bill passed in the House of Representatives.
We watched the Adams Goodes Documentary and made connections to our central idea ‘Individuals and Groups contribute to facilitating change’.
- Monday at 4:20 we have our camp information session. Please see the compass blast with the details.
- The second ‘Linked In Government’ incursion (Parliament Experts), will take place next Wednesday/Thursday (June 7th/8th).
- Next Friday (June 9th) is Staff Professional Practice Day. Students do not attend school.
- June 12th is the King’s Birthday, which is a public holiday. Students do not attend school.
- Student Led Conferences will take place on the 20th and 21st of June. This event can be found via Compass.
Any questions please do not hesitate to contact the classroom teacher.
The Year 6 Team
Medication Authority Form
This form MUST be completed if a child is to be given medication at school.
Note: Wherever possible, medication should be scheduled outside of school hours, eg. medication required three times a day is generally not required during a school day: It can be taken before and after school and before bed.
Kororoit Creek Primary School has a uniform policy, stating that the wearing of school uniform is compulsory. The uniform must be worn correctly without fashion accessories or enhancements (including leggings under dresses) every day. Please make sure that every item of clothing is named. Please note that plain black school shoes should be worn with the uniform (no colours). Summer uniform terms 1 and 4 and winter uniform terms 2 and 3. (Exception will be made for extreme weather conditions). Summer dresses are not suitable for winter and should not be worn with skivvies or tights underneath as winter uniform. Uniforms can be purchased directly from the supplier – Primary School Wear, 2/51-53 Westwood Dr, Ravenhall 3023. Alternatively, the Sustainable School Shop can be accessed by families interested in purchasing and selling second-hand uniform items. The school is providing this service to our community; when registering on the Sustainable School Shop you need to nominate Kororoit Creek Primary School to receive your subscription. https://www.sustainableschoolshop.com.au/
School Uniform Price List 2023
Dates to Remember
- 7 June – Parent information session regarding reporting at KCPS- 4pm via Webex
- 7 June – H05 Class Party
- 7-8 June – Year 6 Incursion- Parliament Experts
- 8 June – Prep Fire Incursion Part 1
- 8 June – H42 Movie Session
- 8 June – H38 Class Party
- 9 June – Netball Interschool Sports Final (Selected Students)
- 9 June – Staff Professional Practice Day. Students do not attend school
- 12 June – King’s Birthday Public Holiday. Students do not attend school
- 13 June – District Girls Soccer Tournament (Selected Students)
- 14 June – Year 5 Aspire Higher Incursion
- 14 June – District Boys Soccer Tournament (Selected Students)
- 15 June – Year 2 Dreamer in the Deep Incursion
- 15 June – H42 Caroline Springs Library Walking Excursion
- 16 June – Mixed Netball Tournament (Selected Students)
- 16 June – Soccer Interschool Sports Final (Selected Students)
- 16 June – Prep Fire Incursion Part 2
- 19 June – Assembly: Prep-3 in classrooms, Grade 4-6 in Gym
- 19 June – Semester 1 student reports are sent out via Compass
- 20 June – Students are dismissed at 12pm. Student Led Conferences 12.30-6.30pm
- 21 June – Student Led Conferences 3.30-5pm
- 21 June – VHAP Masterclass
- 23 June – Last day of Term 2. Students are dismissed at 1.30pm
- 23 June – Sports Colours Day. Gold coin donation to go towards supporting Exford Primary School
- 10 July – First day of Term 3
- 10-12 July – Year 4 Camp: H37, H38, H40, & H41
- 12-14 July – Year 4 Camp: H34, H35, H36, & H39
- 25 July – Prep Excursion to ACMI- H01, H02, & girls from H03
- 26 July – Prep Excursion to ACMI- H04, H05, & boys from H03
- 27 July – Prep Excursion to ACMI- H06 & H09
- 28 July – 100 Days of School – Prep
2023 Curriculum Days
(Students are not required to attend school on these days)
Friday 27 January
Friday 12 May
Friday 25 August
Monday 6 November
2023 Term Dates
Term 1 30/01/2023 – 06/04/2023 (Years 1-6)
03/02/2023 – 06/04/2023 (Prep)
Term 2 24/04/2023 – 23/06/2023
Term 3 10/07/2023 – 15/09/2023
Term 4 02/10/2023 – 20/12/2023
2023 Camping Program- to be confirmed
Year 3 Camp Wyuna Queenscliff 16-18 & 18-20 October
Year 4 Camp Mt Evelyn 10-12 & 12-14 July
Year 5 Camp Lake Dewar Myrniong 7-9 & 9-11 August
Year 6 Camp Lord Somers 27-30 November